Hey fren 👋 Welcome to the 28th edition of the SHINY digest, a weekly newsletter where we share updates on the Shiny DAO, highlights and meaningful discussions from the Shiny discord and recaps from the live-events.
You can listen to the newsletter with our podcast. Subscribe to Shiny Digest in your favorite podcast player or listen here: <https://anchor.fm/shiny-digest/episodes/Shiny-Digest-28---Adams-Back-and-so-is-our-trip-to-Portugal-e1jemgn ](https://anchor.fm/shiny-digest/episodes/Shiny-Digest-28---Adams-Back-and-so-is-our-trip-to-Portugal-e1jemgn)
- Ozzy spoke to Jenil, the Founder of Coinvise, and recorded an overview of all the features & functionalities of the Coinvise product. Coinvise is the tool Shiny used to launch $SHINY and can help your project with things like airdrops, token launches, and creating quests. Check out the deep dive here.
- All signs point to a bear market and while our bags are down bad, there are still deals being made, which signals we aren't ded yet. Seed Club, an investment DAO for communities, raised $15 million from Union Square Ventures. Adam Neumann (yup, that Adam Neumann) raised $70 million in equity & token funding by a16z for Flowcarbon.
- Hope you didn't cancel your plans to move to Portugal after last week's digest sharing that Portugal now plans to tax crypto because Parliament rejected the bill to tax crypto.
- If you've read this far then you might be an early adopter for Writing NFTs. Mirror announced their "most radical update yet" where you can: 1) Create your first writing NFT from your Mirror Dashboard; 2) Collect genesis entries curated by Mirror DAO; and 3) Explore the top entries on the new leaderboard.
- Cool Cats revealed that they are going back to their roots and will continue to expand on their IP with new characters as well as develop a new game built on Unity. @ahs, who's a CC holder, shared that although he's happy that the project is finally course correcting, he's worried that they're trying to do too many things at the same time and split their time and resources instead of focusing on one thing. @cf, also a CC holder, agrees that they should've done brand building from the start, but disagrees that they are splitting resources because both games are completely different and require different teams and different types of engineers (one is built on Unity, the other is web-based). You can follow the conversation here.
- AAAAAAAUUUUUGGGHHHHH. That's not a typo but the sound you might be making if you missed out on Goblintown.wtf, a 10k pfp collection by an anonymous team that launched for free + gas and now sits at a 4.35 eth floor.
- Continuing on the free mint wave, many aped into Rektguy, an 8800 pfp collection, which also breeched the 1 eth floor and now sits around .7 eth.
- Our very own @KeyR1 8093 is going to be a speaker at the Musically Sandbox Summit NFT event in June.
- @chrismaddern just left his job at Button to so that he can be a full-time buildooooor in web3 via Floor.
- @Danny P has launched his new product, for NFT websites, called NiftyUI.
- Last NFT Tuesday we discussed the Azuki jacket, goblins, Stepn, and more. Check out the recording here.