Hey fren 👋 Welcome to the 22nd edition of the SHINY digest, a weekly newsletter where we share updates on the Shiny DAO, highlights and meaningful discussions from the Shiny discord and recaps from the live-events.
You can listen to the newsletter with our podcast. Subscribe to Shiny Digest in your favorite podcast player or listen here: <https://anchor.fm/shiny-digest/episodes/Shiny-Digest-22---NFT-movies--Birds-Flock-Together--Moonpay--and-More-e1hbbv8 ](https://anchor.fm/shiny-digest/episodes/Shiny-Digest-22---NFT-movies--Birds-Flock-Together--Moonpay--and-More-e1hbbv8)
- Shiny recently turned one years old and on Thursday we hosted a Shaping Shiny call to discuss what's next for this amazing community. Organically, we've created an amazing network of talent, education, and web3 products and now it's time to double down on our super powers. This Thursday, there will be another community call to dive into the details of what this looks like. Join us!
- @b13l posed a good question in the nft chat: "Anyone else totally not seeing nft movies being successful?" A lot of Shiny answers were the equivalent of "yes", because movies or any sort of content is very hard to pull-off. However, @Practical Principles added that what could be interesting is that the particular apes that are chosen could lead to "decelebs" (decentralized celebrities) and imagine holding the equivalent of a Luke Skywalker, Pikachu or Batman before they were popular? You can read the convo here.
- On the heels of Azuki's success, many minted Galverse, an 8,888 collection inspired by nostalgic showa-era anime. This project seemed like a good long-term hold, as the founders vested their treasury for 4-years (meaning they only touch a certain percent every year until 4 years) and are paid salary, which implies they will be working on this project till then. The team is also female-led and has support from big names such as Andrew Wang, DAO Social Club FWB and Clon (artist of Cool Cats). Mint was 0.07 ETH and had strong volume in the first 24 hours. It is currently sitting just north of a 0.2 ETH floor.
- Winners of the Moonbirds raffle were announced on April 15th. 32,218 people entered to win one of 7,875 spots on the mint allowlist leaving a 24% chance of winning. As you know, birds are kind of a big deal around Shiny, and these pixelated owls were no exception. A quick scroll through the Shiny Discord and you will see a fine collection of new birb avatars discussing the *checks notes* 18.9 ETH floor.
- @Dwayne "The Jock" Ronson shared the top 10 must-reads for those wanting to dig deeper into Tokenomics and this killer thread by @belikewater893, who leads Tokenomics for a number of major projects in the web3 space.
- So you want to make it in crypto, but how much should you invest? What should you invest in? More importantly, are you a normie? Check out these wise words from Punk 6529 before you rekt yourself.
- Some more brain food for you degens: Naval & Haseeb Qureshi interview Vitalik about Ethereum and blockchains.
- Most DAOs haven't been DAOs until now. What happens when governance is actually decentralized and autonomous? Read here.
- @dom shared a free, guided, 3-month long cohort to learn Solidity. You can register here.
- @Sub launched Version 1.10.0 of SuperSea with a new Activity view.
- @Kallaway launched a daily crypto show. Each episode is 25-30 minutes long and covers 3-5 stories at the intersection of culture and web3.